Mobile processor manufacturer Qualcomm has announced several new Snapdragon processor in new Snapdragon 800/600 processors.
The Snapdragon 600 Processors
Inside of the Snapdragon 600 processor is an integrated system featuring our custom built CPU, GPU, and much more so you’ll our feel the Snapdragon experience—fast performance and great battery life.
1. Quad Core Krait 300 CPU—running at up to 1.9 GHz
2. Adreno 320 GPU –offering over 3x the performance of A225 &, as the first GPU in the Adreno 300 series and introduces support for new mobile and GPGPU compute APIs such as OpenGL ES 3.0 , OpenCL and Renderscript Compute.
3. LPDDR3 RAM— (Low Power Double Data Rate 3)this faster RAM gives a speed boost to the channels which data flows. By increasing the speed at which the data flows to each component, performance is boosted throughout the entire processor.
4. Overall Performance Boost—we expect the Snapdragon 600 processor to deliver up to 40% better performance than the Snapdragon S4 Pro processor.
The first Snapdragon 600 is sampling now and expected to be in commercial devices by second quarter of 2013.
The Snapdragon 800 Processors
The Snapdragon 800 processors will enable the newest mobile experience with a cutting edge feature set that includes:
1. Quad Core Krait 400 CPU—speeds up to 2.3 GHz, per core
2. Adreno 330 GPU—featuring patented Flex Render Technology and leading edge API’s that are designed to expand the use of GPU processing for general computing and other SoC tasks, the Adreno 330 GPU offers a 2 times better compute performance than Adreno 320
3. 2x32bit LPDDR3 RAM at 800MHz – with industry-leading memory bandwidth of 12.8GBps.
4. 4G LTE Cat 4 and 802.11ac—these connectivity options offer blazing fast, seamless connectivity with cellular modem boasting data rates up to 150 Mbps and 802.11ac at speeds up to 1 Gbps.
5. UltraHD—video can be captured, played back and displayed in UltraHD (previously called “4K.”) The resolution has four times as many pixels as 1080p. (1920x 1080 versus 4096 × 2304)
6. HD Audio—support for DTS-HD, Dolby Digital Plus and 7.1 surround sound.
7. Dual Image Signal Processors (ISPs) up to 55MP – with support for up to four cameras and allows for 3D captures, photo merging into a master 55MPixel image, separate autofocus and captures, 1080p30 video captures.
8. Overall Performance Boost—the Snapdragon 800 processor is expected to deliver up to 75% better performance than the Snapdragon S4 Pro.
With Snapdragon 800 processors, Qualcomm is targeting not only in mobile devices like smartphones and tablets, but it will be featured in computing and consumer electronic devices such as Smart TVs and digital media adapters. Snapdragon 800 processors are sampling now and expected to be available in commercial devices by mid-2013.
Courtesy : Qualcomm Blog